We are pleased to announce a new DLF sponsorship arrangement with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) in Victoria, BC. DLF’s sponsorship of DHSI will permit everyone affiliated with our member institutions<http://www.diglib.org/members/> to register for digital humanities training and enrichment courses at a deeply reduced rate. As an added bonus, we will also provide free tuition to 5 “DLF-DHSI Cross-Pollinator Fellows” at next summer’s DSHI.

The Digital Humanities Summer Institute has grown by leaps and bounds, and we are excited to connect DLF members with its extensive offerings<http://dhsi.org/courses.php> (43 courses and 10 short workshops in the summer of 2016). We hope many of our members will use this opportunity to benefit from lectures, courses, and workshops, to present their own projects in Victoria, and to build connections within DHSI’s international community of DH practitioners.

DLF recognizes the value of partnering with endeavors that seriously engage issues of digital standards, stewardship, digital scholarship, and technical training and education. “DLF member institutions are deeply engaged in the development and application of new technologies to support teaching, research, and the public good,” writes director Bethany Nowviskie, “so DHSI, as a professional development program that builds capacity for DH and humanities data curation, is a perfect match. We hope not only library and museum professionals, but also faculty and students affiliated with our members will take advantage of this terrific benefit.”

More information about the application process to become one of our five 2016 DLF-DHSI Cross-Pollinator Fellows will be available on the DLF website in November -- but members not interested in a tuition scholarship opportunity are welcome to register for DHSI courses at any time, using DLF discount codes available here: http://dhsi.org/registration.html. (You must be affiliated with a DLF member institution to use the codes. Courses fill quickly, so don’t delay!)

Please feel free to contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions regarding this new DLF member benefit. Contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions about the forthcoming tuition fellowships.

--
Oliver Bendorf | Program Associate | Digital Library Federation
diglib.org<http://www.diglib.org/> |  clir.org<http://www.clir.org/> | @CLIRDLF<https://twitter.com/clirdlf> | @ohbendorf<https://twitter.com/ohbendorf>