Hi Bryan,

We use Wowza for streaming Islandora objects (MP4 videos over RTMP mostly,
and played in VideoJS), and it's a very smooth system. For public videos
that anyone can see, it works great. For restricted videos, there's
built-in IP restriction in Wowza, which works well out of the box. But we
weren't able to set it up with our proxy server so that off-campus users
can authenticate (because RTMP doesn't go over HTTP, it doesn't get sent
through the proxy). So for our reserves videos, we've installed Wrench,
which is a plugin for Wowza, which works with videoJS (so as to not also
have to use JW Player), that enables token-based authentication. Much as we
prefer to support Open Source software, we did buy a license for Wrench.

Our streaming module, in case you're interested (all Wrench-enabling code
was written by Paul Pound):
https://github.com/roblib/islandora_solution_pack_streaming_media

Example in use: https://bowingdownhome.ca/islandora/object/bdh%3A2628

--

*Rosemary Le Faive*

Digital Infrastructure and Discovery Librarian

Robertson Library

University of Prince Edward Island

550 University Ave, Charlottetown PE C1A 4P3

Canada
tel: 902-566-0533 | fax: 902-628-4305 | email: [log in to unmask]