From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Grasso
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Marc record creation and matching

Greetings all,

My colleague and I want to create MARC records from a spreadsheet and then import those MARC records into our library system (Millennium) . We want those records we have imported to match on ISBN. We want to keep the integrity of the data in the catalogue (we don't want  the newly created records to overlay material currently in the catalogue) and we want, in the same process to be able to insert a note in the records in the catalogue that have been matched with our records created from the spreadsheet.

All ideas will be gratefully received,

Kind regards,

Steve Grasso

Resource Librarian
Library Resource Services
Queensland University of Technology Library Kelvin Grove Campus | Level 1, D Block | Victoria Park Road | Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 AUSTRALIA
t: + 61 7 3138 5574 |f: +61 7 3138 3994 |e   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

CRICOS No 00213J