As part of Code4lib's ongoing commitment to eliminating barriers that
prevent participation for underrepresented groups, we are pleased to
announce that we are now seeking applicants for our 2016 Diversity
Scholarship program. The Code4Lib Scholarship Committee
<http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2016_Conference_Committees#Scholarship_Committee>
will award 10 Diversity Scholarships, based on merit and need. Each
scholarship will cover travel costs, lodging, and conference fees for
selected applicants to attend the 2016 Code4Lib Conference
<http://2016.code4lib.org/>, which will be held in Philadelphia, PA, March
7-10, 2016.

*Applications are due by December 11, 2015 at 5 PM EST*
Diversity Scholarship Eligibility, Criteria, And Requirements

   - An applicant must be a member of a group not well-represented within
   the code4lib community, including but not limited to: women, people of
   color, people with disabilities, LGBT+
   - An applicant must be interested in actively contributing to the
   mission and goals of the Code4Lib Conference.
   - The scholarship recipients will be selected based upon their merit and
   financial needs.
   - Scholarship recipients are required to write and submit a brief trip
   report to the Code4Lib 2016 Scholarships Committee by May 1, 2016.
   Recipients are encouraged, but not required, to post their reports on a
   public code4lib website. The report should address: (a) what kind of
   experience they had at the conference, (b) what they have learned, (c) what
   suggestions they have for future attendees and conference organizers.

How to Apply

To apply, please send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the subject heading Code4Lib 2016 Diversity Scholarship Application
containing the following:

   1. A brief letter of interest, which:
      - Identifies your eligibility for a diversity scholarship
      - Describes your interest in the conference and how you intend to
      participate
      - Discusses your merit and needs for the scholarship
   2. A resume or CV
   3. Contact information for two professional or academic references

Please note: If possible, all parts of the submissions should be combined
into a single pdf. Regardless of the number submitted, all files should
follow a “Lastname-Firstname.pdf” naming convention.

The application deadline is *Dec. 11, 2015, 5pm EST*. The scholarship
committee will notify successful candidates the week of January 4, 2016.
Registration Details

Registration spots and hotel rooms are being held for scholarship
recipients. If you can attend only if you receive a scholarship, there is
no need to register for the conference or book a hotel room when
registration opens.

If you register for the conference or book a hotel room, you will
reimbursed along with other expenses. Reimbursement for expenses will be
provided to recipients during the conference.
Sponsors

We would like to thank our generous sponsors for supporting the Code4Lib
2016 Diversity Scholarships, and helping to make the code4lib community
stronger.
The MIT Libraries <http://libraries.mit.edu/>:  Two scholarship Penn State
Libraries <https://www.libraries.psu.edu/psul/home.html>: Two
scholarship Digital
Public Library of America <http://dp.la>: One scholarship Drexel University
College of Computing and Informatics <http://drexel.edu/cci/>: One
scholarship Anonymous Community Member: One scholarship Community
Contributors

We are still seeking organizations to sponsor additional scholarships; if
you are interested, please contact Shaun Ellis <[log in to unmask]>.

Individual community members can also support the Diversity Scholarships
program via our individual giving page
<http://2016.code4lib.org/diversity-scholarships/angel-fund.html>.
Conference Information

For more information on the Code4Lib Conference, please see the conference
website <http://2016.code4lib.org/>. You can see write-ups of previous
Code4Lib Conferences:

   - Code4Lib 2012 Conference Report
   <http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/6848>