ACRL’s Digital Scholarship Center Interest Group will be meeting at ALA Midwinter on Saturday, January 9 at 10:30 am at the Westin Copley Place, Essex Center Room.

In the interest of continuing our conversation about the development of, services offered and audiences reached through the Digital Scholarship Center we are pleased to announce that our Midwinter meeting will focus on building collaborative relationships with researchers. Our special guest speaker for the meeting is Alix Keener, the Digital Scholarship Librarian at the University of Michigan Library. She holds a Master of Science in Information from the University of Michigan School of Information. At U-M, Alix coordinates digital scholarship initiatives and provides support for students and faculty in all disciplines who are engaged with or curious about digital scholarship (including digital humanities).

Please join us for “Creating Space for Collaborative Research Relationships in Digital Scholarship”. Alix will discuss her research findings published in the article “The Arrival Fallacy: Collaborative Research Relationships in the Digital Humanities<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.digitalhumanities.org_dhq_vol_9_2_000213_000213.html&d=BQMGaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=3B6he7jcyadclkVui4qopwvM-ENbLoAK3k7Vo2MUyrU&m=XcvPvnIptQC-7dy48CBy0FCimU5FCIUojyMgM0Yx0HE&s=1jvfcVtGBy9tkJH0fPizWtxzyB4uBdods-svQSrgW-E&e=>,” (Digital Humanities Quarterly, vol 9, no 2, published 2015). She interviewed faculty and librarians at different institutions who work together on digital scholarship projects. Several challenges for libraries emerged: tension around the role of librarians as either collaborators or service providers, effective program planning for a diverse group of campus participants, and finding time for learning new skills. How can we think about and leverage digital scholarship centers to address these challenges (and come up with potential solutions)? In this session, we’ll compare notes on our digital scholarship support workflows and discuss the ways in which digital scholarship centers can foster collaborative research.

We hope you can join us for a stimulating conversation with Alix and an opportunity to learn from each other how we can effectively achieve collaboration with our campus researchers.

Thank you.

Steven Bell, co-convener

Merinda Kaye Hensley, co-convener
Merinda Kaye Hensley
Co-convener, ACRL Digital Scholarship Centers Interest Group

Assistant Professor, University Library | Digital Scholarship Liaison and Instruction Librarian
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 306J Main Library | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 217.244.1880
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-8567-8317