On Jan 13, 2016, at 4:17 PM, Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Part of this grant stipulates that open access books be made available in EPUB 3.0.1, so I got to work on a pipeline for dynamically serializing TEI into EPUB. It works pretty well, but there are some minor issues. The issues might be related more to differences between individual ereader apps in supporting the 3.0.1 spec than anything I might have done wrong in the serialization process (the file validates according to a script I've been running)…
>
> If you are interested in more information about the framework, there's http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-ans-digital-library-look-under-hood.html and http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2016/01/first-ebook-published-to-ans-digital.html. It's highly LOD aware and is capable of posting to a SPARQL endpoint so that information can be accessed from other archival frameworks and integrated into projects like Pelagios.

I wrote a similar thing a number of years ago, and it was implemented as Alex Lite. [1] I started out with TEI files, and then transformed them into a number of derivatives: simple HTML, “cooler” HTML, PDF, and ePub. I think my ePub version was somewhere around 2.0. The “framework” was written in Perl, of course.  ;-)  The whole of a Alex Lite was designed to be given away on CD or as an instant website. (“Just add water."). The hard part of the whole thing was the creation of the TEI files in the first place. After that, everything was relatively easy.

[1] Alex Lite blog posting - http://bit.ly/eazpJY
[2] Alex Lite - http://infomotions.com/sandbox/alex-lite/

—
Eric Lease Morgan
Artist- And Librarian-At-Large

(A man in a trench coat approaches, and says, “Psst. Hey buddy, wanna buy a registration to the Code4Lib conference!?”)