Sr. Developer / DevOps at the California Digital Library
California Digital Library
Oakland

University of California Curation Center ([UC3](http://www.cdlib.org/uc3))  is
a programmatic unit of the California Digital Library (CDL). We partner with
teams at the CDL, on the ten UC campuses, and in the international library,
curation, and preservation communities to provide innovative services and
solutions to ensure the long-term usability of digital scholarly content.

**What are we looking for?**
UC3 is seeking a Senior Developer / DevOps Administrator to join our expanding
team at one of the world's premiere digital curation
programs.

**What do we do?**
We're a dynamic team of developers, data management experts, and curators, all
with a common goal: to deliver tools and services that support the spectrum of
digital content management from acquisition to preservation, enabling sharing
and discovery of digital scholarly resources. We currently support three major
online services (Dash, DMPTool, Merritt), built with Java
and Ruby/Rails technologies, each with three parallel instances (dev, stage,
production), running on over 60 servers in Amazon AWS, with 200 TB of
dedicated cloud storage.

**What will you do?**
As a DevOps/Developer you will be involved in application-level development,
maintenance, and enhancement, as well as the architectural design, operational
support, and system-level administration of this
infrastructure. In addition to working with others on the
development team, you will liaison with infrastructure and information
technology staff at both the CDL and University of California Office of the
President (UCOP) levels to assure the 24x7 availability, reliability, and
robustness of our production services.

**What do we offer?**
Our work atmosphere is creative and productive, yet relaxed enough to support
a balanced work-life environment. It's an exciting place to work, mostly
because of the cool, smart people you'll interact with on a daily
basis. CDL is conveniently located in the heart of the
vibrant Uptown Oakland neighborhood near BART and other mass transit services
and is cycle-friendly.

For more details on requirements of this job offering, please visit our job
posting.

[https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=59183](http://University

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24830/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/