Hi Rosemary --

Great question about size limits.  There are probably a couple of limiting
factors to contend with:

BagIt bags - not much limit short of file system issues (quantities of
files in directories) and processor limitations (how much other competition
does your computer have for processing the bag).

Zip - if you use the zip feature, this may also introduce limitations -
again probably with computer memory/processors (unrelated to the tool
itself).

FTP - this will be throttled by your internet connection most likely and
will be limited by your computer's ability to stay connected to the FTP
target (and the size of free space available at the FTP target).

Local copy - Exactly always creates a local copy of the bag - so there will
be concerns associated with free disk space at the designated local target.

We have tested successfully for packages of 30GB via FTP. We have tested
for 100GB packages locally.

We'd love to hear feedback from your experiences and an identification of
areas where we can improve functionality for size where needed.

There is a public github repo for the tool here:
https://github.com/avpreserve/uk-exactly/

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks, and best --

Bert

Bertram Lyons, CA
AVPreserve | www.avpreserve.com
International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives |
www.iasa-web.org