Hi

I thought people on this list may be interested to know that we've just relaunched Europeana Labs, our go-to place for practical resources and support for anyone looking to re-use content and build creative products using items available through Europeana.  On Labs we feature open datasets, the latest app creations, and we've also upgraded our API documentation - see http://labs.europeana.eu/blog/get-more-out-of-the-new-europeana-labs for more information and links.

This also coincides with new underlying technical developments to analyse media assets and extract technical metadata based on properties such as resolution, colour, bit-rate, duration, and availability of full text.

We now have 48 million items from 3,600+ providers whose content, when they've made it directly available, is indexed and discoverable in this way. That includes a whopping half a million openly licensed images over 4 megapixels.
API explorer: http://labs.europeana.eu/api/console?function=search&query=*:*&reusability=open&qf=TYPE:IMAGE&qf=IMAGE_SIZE:extra_large&profile=rich

Collections view: http://www.europeana.eu/portal/search?f%5BIMAGE_SIZE%5D%5B%5D=extra_large&f%5BREUSABILITY%5D%5B%5D=open&f%5BTYPE%5D%5B%5D=IMAGE&q=
<http://labs.europeana.eu/>Feel free to explore the Collections search, and anything you can query there can be replicated in the API (and more).

Loads of possibilities, let us know if you build anything or just have some ideas!

If anyone wants to know more then drop me a line.

Best wishes

James

James Morley
Creative Industries Community Developer

T:
M: +44 (0)77 1336 0563
E: [log in to unmask]
Skype: jamesinealing

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: http://bit.ly/NetworkAssociation
 #AllezCulture!
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.