Hi Amy,

Like Mendeley, suggested previously, Zotero + ZotFile and a variety of
BibTex tools will rename your PDFs neatly according to whatever rule you
feed it.
First step is of course to have your metadata in order - all of them will
pull in metadata automagically, but some manual corrections and additions
would be necessary before renaming the whole batch.

Regards,
Erwin
ᐧ