Hi Code4Lib,
We're looking into applying an SSL certificate to an EZproxy server and
aren't sure exactly how a wildcard cert gets handled in that context.
Anyone have experience with this?

The fuzzy part is that we're not clear how wildcard certificates that
handle subdomain matching (e.g., *.example.org) translate into wild-looking
proxied domains (like search.whatever.com.proxy.example.org).

This might be more of an EZproxy config question and more appropriate to
that list. There's also documentation
<https://www.oclc.org/support/services/ezproxy/documentation/cfg/ssl.en.html>
out there. But if anyone can comment on the process, whether the
documentation was helpful to you, what sort of wildcard cert you got to
address this problem, etc., we'd be interested to hear from you.

Thanks!