Hey Cary,

Nete is not open source (or not yet). I'm still figuring this out as I go.
When I started, I didn't really consider it, but over the course of
development I've become more open to the idea. I may not open source the
entire system, but instead specific modules/components or tools that we
create (similar to other tech startup models).

The model is annual-subscription based SaaS with it being supported by Nete
staff.

It is still too early in the development for me to make any promises about
what features will be available will be available on release candidate 1,
but I'm happy to provide an overview:

- Most importantly: a great user experience on both the patron and staff
ends.

But also...

- OPAC, cataloging, circulation, acquisitions (maybe post RC)
- Offline data synchronization with Nete databases
- SMS integration, social media integration (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter),
etc.
- Web/mobile based chat: staff-to-Nete, patron-to-staff, staff-to-staff,
patron-to-patron even (if you enable it)
- Enterprise search capabilities with fuzzy/relevance ordering across
multiple filters/databases (popular/physical/e-resource/etc)
- Analytics/reporting (maybe post RC)

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

- Timothy Tavarez