Technical Support Representative
EBSCO Information Services
Durham

**Technical Support Representative**

NoveList, a division of EBSCO Information Services, currently has a Technical
Support Representative opening. NoveList's core mission is
helping libraries help readers. We create tools for libraries to help them
work with readers and impact their communities. We are
seeking hard-working individuals eager to work in a fast-paced environment to
help resolve customer issues and ensure they get the most out of our
products.

While systems/network support experience may be considered as relevant,
hardware and networking knowledge will be of little use in this
role. We are primarily looking for individuals with
demonstrated software and systems support

**Primary Responsibilities:**

 The representative
will help address setup and support needs for NoveList products via email,
chat, and phone with an emphasis on excellent customer service.

 Contribute to
internal/external documentation

 Provide technical
information support for sales, marketing, and product management

**Cultural Competencies:**

 Drive

 Positive Attitude

 Good Judgement

 Open Communication

 Collaboration

 Desire to Make an
Impact

 Eager to Understand

 Accountable

 Decisive

 Team Player

**Role-Based Competencies:**

 Customer-first
mentality: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and
sustains productive customer relationships.

 Attention to detail:
Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.

 Calm under pressure:
Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.

 Problem
Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem
solving to address root causes.

 Works effectively with team members and
cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.

 Communication:
Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or
talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communications,
including email.

 Able to produce significant output with minimal
waste.

 Enthusiasm: Exhibits
passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.

 Work ethic:
Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get
the job done. Has a track record of working hard.

**Skills**

_**Requirements:**_

 Two or more years of
experience in a technical support role.

 Two or more years of
experience with Microsoft Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) in a
work environment.

_**Preferred Qualifications:**_

 Two or more years of
experience with HTML/CSS

 Bachelor's degree
with a technical major or technical certification(s) (MCSA or equivalent)

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a
veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
protected class.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25003/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/