Web Application Developer
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI Metropolitan Statistical Area

We in the University of Wisconsin-Madison General Library System's software
development shop are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to work on our
major library systems, including our custom discovery platform
(https://search.library.wisc.edu), online collections presentation and
workflow, digital content repositories, and digital
preservation. We're working now to reengineer the entire
digital collections stack and to rethink how we provide discovery of the wide
range of resources the Libraries deliver. Excellent work
and innovative thinking will make a big difference in how effectively the
Libraries serve these parts of their mission.

You would be joining a team of seven developers who work closely with dynamic,
friendly teams of librarians and sysadmins in one of the world's top-ranked
academic research libraries. We prize
collaboration and independence, learning and the willingness to champion new
ideas and approaches to a problem, craftsmanship, and engineering for sound
performance and stability.

Enjoy robust benefits through the State of Wisconsin Benefits Package
(http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf), a beautiful Campus
Setting (http://jobs.wisc.edu/madison.htm) and a competitive
salary. The work culture is fantastic, career growth
opportunities abound, and we value work life balance. We
are located in Memorial Library at the base of State Street on Library Mall,
at the heart of Madison.

UW-Madison, founded in 1848, is a world-class research university offering a
full spectrum of liberal arts studies, professional programs and student
activities to over 40,000 students. Spanning 936 acres along the southern
shore of Lake Mendota, the campus is located in the City of Madison,
Wisconsin.

UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote
excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.

See
http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/Weblisting/External/PVLSummaryApply.aspx?pvl_num=85501
for details and how to apply.
Applications are due by 3/11/2016.