Fully agreed that anonymity is sometimes necessary to protect individuals.

My interpretation of the email I responded to was that the anonymous form
was for feedback for the idea of the proposed duty officers rather than the
suitability of particular individuals to fill this role.

My apologies to everyone if I have misunderstood.

If the idea is to collect feedback pertaining to specific individuals, I
believe it would have been more appropriate to collect anonymous feedback
that potentially included everyone (rather than a select few) so that
suitability concerns could be resolved before people put their name on a
volunteer list. As things are now, anyone on the duty officer list who
doesn't wind up serving for any reason might be wrongly assumed to have
been barred for being a harasser regardless of any public explanation.

I hope that the process for resolving accusations would be a matter of
public discussion.

kyle