Here's an eaxample.

suppose Alice is worried about harrassment by Bob. Eve has on the list of proposed duty officers. Unfortunately Eve and Alice were once a couple, so Alice would feel comfortable going to Eve to address a possible situation with Bob. There's no accusation against Eve, but it would be best for everyone if Eve was not put in a difficult situation. And Alice really doesn't want to explain her relationship with Eve. (No one should be forced to explain a relationship!)

It's best to attract many volunteers and pick a few, maye out of a hat, without prejudice to those who aren't picked.