An off-the-cuff response: I've heard it suggested in talks about Bibframe
that just as Google tailors your results based on location (i.e. if I put
in "pizza," I'll get pizza places in South Bend, as well as pizza recipes
and whatnot), they'd tailor your library results based on location. So if I
were in downtown DC, and Googled a book, I would see the DCPL holdings but
not Indiana, and vice-versa.

There are maybe 5 or 10 assumptions happening there that other people can
spell out better, but it would be a reasonable solution for deduping
assuming the metadata pretty much matches.

--

Ruth Kitchin Tillman

Digital Collections Librarian

Hesburgh Libraries