Hi Kathryn,

Your choice of a solution depends a lot on your requirements. Based on what
you've described here, I'd recommend DSpace. We use it at NYU as our IR, so
we have a fair amount of expertise... but my reasons for recommending it
are the maturity of the software, the market share worldwide, the community
support, and the self-service capability. In addition, depending on your
in-house technical staff or lack thereof, there are hosting providers for
DSpace (http://www.dspace.org/service-providers) who do all the software
maintenance so you can focus on the service.

At NYU, we are also using and looking closely at a Hydra/Fedora solution,
and there are compelling reasons for going in this direction, but this type
of setup requires a significant technical investment.

HTH.

Best,

Carol

--
Carol Kassel
Senior Manager, Digital Library Infrastructure