I also agree very much with what Deborah wrote. I'd come from an
IT/software development background, and even after a couple of years in
libraries, I hadn't adjusted to library culture. I was frustrated enough to
write a paper about it and present at ACRL:

http://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/handle/10919/23885
Mutant Superheroes, Contained Chaos, and Smelly Pets: Library Innovation
through Imaginary Anarchy

Reading my paper now, I recognize that I was completely wrong about a few
things (meetings aren't always terrible), and the tone seems entitled to me
today. But two of the things that I noticed that are considered good about
library culture were very stressful to me as a library newbie, and match
what Deborah has pointed out:

- Emphasis on collaboration and consensus
- Expectation to work on multiple, simultaneous projects

By the way, I've adjusted my attitude somewhat, and we've gotten better at
doing IT and software in the library and in our group, so I'm happy in
libraries now.