On Mar 25, 2016, at 1:24 PM, Bethany Nowviskie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear all — I’ve been getting this as a digest, so apologies that I’m only seeing the thread on the future of the mailing list now!
>
> CLIR/DLF is running the same version of ye olde LISTSERV as Notre Dame, to support DLF-ANNOUNCE, some of our working group lists, and (now) all of the discussion lists of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance.
>
> We have recent experience migrating NDSA lists over from Library of Congress — with archives and subscribers intact — and would be really happy to do the same for Code4Lib. We could commit to supporting the list for the long haul, as a contribution to this awesome community.
>
> It may be that people want to take the opportunity to get off LISTSERV entirely, but if not — just say the word! — Bethany
>
> (PS: added gratitude to Eric from all of us at DLF as well.)
>
> —
> Bethany Nowviskie
> Director of the Digital Library Federation (DLF) at CLIR
> Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities at UVa
> diglib.org | clir.org | ndsa.org | nowviskie.org

Bethany, yes, thank you. This is a very interesting offer.

Everybody, please share with the rest of us your opinion about our mailing list’s domain. This need to move from the University of Notre Dame is a possible opportunity to have our list come from the cod4lib.org domain. For example, the address of the list might become [log in to unmask] If it moved to Google, then the address might be [log in to unmask] Is the list’s address important for us to brand?

—
ELM