From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Rabey
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Internet of Things

A month or so ago, I asked on ALA Thing Tank if anyone was using IoT in their libraries, and if so: what, how, when, where; details man, details!
Other than someone asking me what the IoT is ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Things), I got crickets.

Yesterday Jason Griffey wrote, "How libraries can save the internet of things from the web's centralized fate" (
https://boingboing.net/2016/03/28/how-libraries-can-save-the-int.html) and this got me wondering again: Is anyone doing something in library land  with IoT?

Well, are you?

_lisa

--

 @byshieldmaiden | http://exitpursuedbyabear.net
“There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"