Huh.  I didn't look at "How to read..." but I did look at the other two.

Just so we're on the same page, here are the two I found in which I
could not detect any schema.org markup:

http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2014/2014-02-18.html
http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2014/2014-01-48.html

Interestingly, the "how to read" doesn't appear to have schema.org either:

http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2014/2014-01-07.html

FWIW, I'm looking at the HTML itself.  You may be using a tool that is
generating a little but of schema.  Is that accurate?

If you look at the HTML of the 2016 item you sent along, you can see the
schema.org vocab embedded in the code:

view-source:http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2016/2016-03-30.html

That's probably why it generated more output.  The 2014 reviews do not
actually include schema.org markup.

Best,
Kevin