Hi all,

I currently work in an International public health non-profit, and we are setting up enterprise wide document management for dealing with Knowledge Management and Information Management issues. Lots of moving pieces, but I wanted to get some input on metadata specific to the medical/health world. I am looking for some metadata guidance specifically related to the medical/health world. Is anyone using any standard controlled vocabularies? Should I be looking into Linked Data? I'm starting off the research phase for all of the metadata, so links to resources and case studies is greatly helpful!

Bonus points to anything that is international in scope, as over 75% of the employees at my company are non-US based (most of them in Africa).

Thanks,

Jacob Ratliff
Information Architect / UX Specialsit
Management Sciences for Health