Hi,

At IU we are running our OPAC using Blacklight. From time to time there are some catalog errors that would cause errors in our custom code to extract fields from the MARC records. For example, sometimes a subfield may unexpectedly appear in a field, or an expected subfield is accidentally named to another subfield.

While we can catch these errors in our code, we’d also like to be able to discover them and notify the catalogers before the records are exposed in the discover layer. I wonder if anyone here has experiences with some MARC validation tool for this purpose?

Best,

David

--
David Jiao