I know that David Lee King at Topeka/Shawnee had been playing with beacons,
as well as John Blyberg at Darien. The LibraryBox Project is also looking
at doing some work on BTLE open beacon tech for ambient findability with
app-enabled smart-things over the summer...

My piece in BoingBoing was more concerned, overall, with centralization of
network power and freedom of communication issues than gadgetry, but if you
all know me, you know I loves me some gadgetry. IoT is only one piece of
that larger puzzle though.

Jason Griffey
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Harvard University