Hi Stuart, all,

Very interested in the IIIF-developments as well. A colleague from the
University of Amsterdam recently did a post on Digital Film Historiography <
http://filmhistoryinthemaking.com/2016/03/16/update-digital-film-historiography-a-bibliography/>
and when I asked about the tools in reference to this conversation replied:

Anvil was used by Adelheid Heftberger in the Digital Formalism project in
> Vienna with really good results. In addition, the French tool Lignes de
> temps developed by IRI at the Pompidou center has been used by several film
> scholars and in education on several levels for video annotation, (it also
> exists in English) and I think it might be relevant/useful for the purposes
> described though it is not web-based from what I can see:
>
> http://www.iri.centrepompidou.fr/outils/lignes-de-temps/
>
> Stuart, hope all this brings you somewhat further to your original goal -
would be curious to hear the results of your quest.

Kind regards,
Erwin

ᐧ