Hello Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that registration<http://www.asis.org/rdap/registration-faq/> for the upcoming Research Data Access and Preservation (RDAP) 2016 Summit in Atlanta, GA, is open. The conference dates are May 4-5, 2016.

For more information on the conference, including the program and registration information, please visit the website: http://www.asis.org/rdap/. The early bird deadline is March 25, 2016.

New this year, we will also be holding a Data Carpentry Workshop<http://www.datacarpentry.org/> after the conference on May 6-7, 2016. Data Carpentry will consist of two days of hands-on training in the following topics:

*         Spreadsheet Best Practices

*         Open Refine

*         Introduction to R

*         Introduction to SQL

*         Analysis and Visualization in R

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the conference co-chairs, Lisa Zilinski ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Kate Dillon ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). On behalf of the RDAP 2016 Planning Committee, we hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Chris Eaker
Christopher Eaker
Assistant Professor & Data Curation Librarian
ORCID: 0000-0001-5881-1680<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5881-1680>
University of Tennessee Libraries
236 John C. Hodges Library
1015 Volunteer Boulevard