Hi CWG,

At our next NDSA CWG call on Wednesday, April 6 at 11 a.m. ET we will welcome Jules Bergis from UC Riverside and the Documenting the Now<https://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/34255> project and Sara Day Thompson from the DPC who recently published a report on preserving social media<http://www.dpconline.org/newsroom/latest-news/1616-capturing-the-conversation-new-report-highlights-the-need-to-preserve-social-media>. To make the most of our short time with these presenters, please let us know by responding to this email or on the NDSA wiki<https://wiki.diglib.org/NDSA:Main_Page> if there are specific questions you have about the Documenting the Now project or the DPC report.

On the wiki you can also see notes/outcomes from our March meeting (via our calendar<https://wiki.diglib.org/NDSA:Calendar>), also provided in this message below for convenience.

--Abbey Potter and Christie Moffatt, Content Working Group Co-Chairs

Christie Moffatt
History of Medicine Division
U.S. National Library of Medicine

CWG decisions/notes/action items 3/2/2016:

*         Thanks to Bethany Nowviskie and Oliver Bendorf for joining our call!

*         Noted that access to list of WG representatives and contact info from NDSA member organizations would be helpful for collaboration

*         Proposed NDSA Interest Group/Working Group framework document to be shared soon for discussion and feedback

*         April meeting to focus on collecting and archiving social media

*         Suggestions for other speakers in the future: NDSR residents; Knight Foundation news challenge https://www.newschallenge.org/; DPLA

(Recording of call is available via wiki page)