Hello,

An invitation to the next Islandora Webinar highlighting the Chinese
University of Hong Kong is available below and here:
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=72f90a041dcc9d0e1dcab81a4&id=fa2b715a84.
We hope you can join us.

 ~ Erin Tripp

--
Erin Tripp, BJH MLIS
Business Development Manager

Islandora webinar: Highlighting CUHK Chinese digital collections

Learn more about the launch of the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
Digital Repository, the first known Islandora repository in Asia, on April
27 at 10 am EDT.

The webinar will feature a presentation and Q&A session with Louisa Lam,
Head, Research Support and Digital Initiatives and Jeff Liu, Digital
Services Librarian at the CUHK Library.

The CUHK Library has curated a collection of over five million digital
objects in the past 20 years.  It features Chinese literature, culture,
arts, politics, society and religion.  Until recently, the collection was
stored in a broad range of different systems, complicating the discovery of
these precious digital assets.

In 2015, librarians at CUHK embarked on a project to find a permanent,
single platform for their digital content.  Objectives of the project
included enhanced discoverability, multi-language support (Chinese,
Japanese & Korean) and custom development capability to modify display and
viewing features that would showcase Chinese literature in its true form.

Islandora met all the functional requirements and more, including support
for digital humanities projects and access to a user-driven open source
software community.

The CUHK Library was also attracted to the vendor services and support that
were offered by discoveygarden. We provided advice, support and custom
development assistance; contributing to the launch of the digital
repository every step of the way.

The repository (http://repository.lib.cuhk.edu.hk
<http://discoverygarden.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=72f90a041dcc9d0e1dcab81a4&id=bef7373ab7&e=1db1a5d3fe>)
officially launched in February 2016, making the CUHK Library digital
initiative pioneers in Hong Kong.

We hope you can join us as we continue our webinar series by focusing on
another successful Islandora launch!

Warmest Regards,
~ the discoverygarden team

Contact:
Adam Smith
Sales and Marketing Assoicate
discoverygarden Inc.

*Topic:  Highlighting CUHK Chinese digital collections*

*Date:   Wednesday, April 27, 2016 Time:  10:00 am EDT*

*To register for this webinar *click the link below, and send us an email.
The host will follow up by sending a JoinMe invitation to the session,
including instructions for joining the meeting.

*REGISTRATION*