Hi all,

I am looking to pick the group brain as to what might be the most useful
database software for a digital project I am collaborating on.  We are
working on converting an annotated bibliography to a searchable database.
While I have the data in a few structured formats, we need to figure out
now what to actually put it in so that it can be queried.  My default line
of thinking is to try a MySQL since it is free and used ubiquitously
online, but I wanted to see if there were any other database or software
systems that we should also consider before investing a lot of time in one
approach.  Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt Sherman