On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Matt Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Thanks for all the advice folks, this gives me a lot to look into.  You all
> have certainly made me table MySQL, so now to look into PostgreSQL, Solr,
> XTF, and some of these other technologies to see what would be the best
> fit.

For a project like this, you can make just about any solution work.

Maintaining apps that depend on technologies you don't use for anything
else is a pain, so I'd be inclined to avoid the overhead of learning
something new for this project unless is a part of your long term
objectives.

For example, solr or postgres are both viable here, but those two
applications are good for very different types of purposes. So if you use
one of those, pick the one that will be the most useful down the road.

kyle