Eric, there were studies done a few decades ago using factual questions.
Here's a critical round-up of some of the studies:
http://www.jstor.org/stable/25828215

Basically, 40-60% correct, but possibly the questions were not
representative -- so possibly the results are really worse :(

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net