Web Developer
Ohio State University
Columbus

The Ohio State University Libraries is on a mission to
preserve and make accessible its distinctive digital resources. It's an
ambitious goal, and we need a creative web developer like you to join our
growing team to make it happen. As a full-stack PHP developer, you will
customize and maintain the Libraries content management systems (Drupal,
WordPress, Omeka). You will support library.osu.edu, cartoons.osu.edu, and an
expanding digital exhibits program. It's a great opportunity to make a
significant, positive impact on how patrons experience our content and
services. You will also gain marketable experience working on open-source
systems with the latest technologies and, at the same time, give back to Ohio
State.

Here's primarily what you'll be doing:

• Building custom modules for PHP-based content management systems, primarily
Drupal

• Translating graphic designs into responsive CMS templates and themes

• Integrating external services into websites via API

The Libraries is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and
encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse backgrounds,
skills, and life experiences into their work and towards the Libraries'
mission. We value work/life balance. You will have opportunities for remote
work, and on-call time is limited. Travel reimbursement and relocation
assistance will not be offered with this position.

Supervision and Essential Duties:

May supervise student employees

On Call Support:

Systems and applications are assigned primary and secondary developers who are
expected to respond to critical incidents during off-hours. These incidents
are very rare. Our weekly scheduled maintenance window is 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
on Thursdays.

Required Qualifications

• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
combination of education and experience;

• 3+ years of programming experience in PHP;

• 1+ years of experience supporting PHP-based content management systems,
preferably Drupal;

• 1+ years of experience programming in HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript.

Desired Qualifications

• Knowledge of responsive web design fundamentals;

• Knowledge of web accessibility standards.

To be considered for this position please apply online at
https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/69744 from April 23, 2016 through May 8,
2016.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25789/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/