Hello,

"Google can give you answers, but librarians give you the right answers."

Is it me? Or is there something wrong with this statement?

I've been hearing statements like this since I've been in the field. Tonight I saw a public library post on FB:

Library: "because not everything on the internet is true"

Some people applauded the statement and were like: "yay librarians!"

Others thought it was a very ignorant statement. And many patrons caused a huge backlash. It was interesting as the library responded to the irritated patrons.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Cornel Darden Jr.
Chief Information Officer