FYI, tesseract works with many languages, and more than one at the same time.
From [1]:

-l lang

    The language to use. If none is specified, English is assumed.
    Multiple languages may be specified, separated by plus characters.
    Tesseract uses 3-character ISO 639-2 language codes. (See
    LANGUAGES)

Additional languages must be installed manually, if I'm not wrong.

Stefano

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/en/man1/tesseract.1.html