I don't know what version of Windows you're running, but make sure you try
to launch the executable
​or the command prompt window ​
as an administrator
​ (even if you're logged in as an admin).​
​ I imagine that anything that tries to have the system listen on port 103
would require elevated privileges with Windows 7 and up.​

I'd also check the event log to see if any clues can be gleaned from it (my
apologies if this was obvious to you).

If you have a system running an older version of Windows (as far back as
Windows 98 from what I saw in the system requirements), try that.

Good luck.  I'd be curious how you make out with it.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems
White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Avenue