Hi all ~

A couple of us who regularly attend the NDSA standards meetings happened to participate in the NDSA infrastructure call last week.

One of the topics was about fixity and the fact that in the preservation world, we don’t seem to have produced any hard and fast recommendations on how frequently to check fixity and how to make it possible to do it at any frequency when archives get into the hundreds of TB.

Would the two working groups be interested in a joint call, perhaps, to discuss the topic?  Maybe just to review what we are doing and think about ways to move the conversation forward, should we decide we need to do so?

Just throwing this out into the wild here, to see what response we get. J

~ Amy

--

Amy J. Kirchhoff

Archive Service Product Manager

Portico, JSTOR

(p) 609-986-2218   (f) 609-951-0020   (e) [log in to unmask]

(skype) amykirchhoff

Portico (www.portico.org) is a community-supported preservation service for electronic journals, books, and other scholarly content.  JSTOR (www.jstor.org) is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources. JSTOR and Portico are services of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization that also includes Ithaka S+R.

To unsubscribe from the NDSA-STANDARDS list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=NDSA-STANDARDS&A=1