Wonderful! We have a topic for our next call, then. My apologies for not putting an Agenda together, yet, I’ve just started my parental leave. I will send one out later this week, and I do plan to be on the call. Please send along any other items, including further thoughts on the fixity topic or any follow up to our last topic on email archiving. I have ideas for folks to talk about fixity from the repository community (and welcome other suggestions), but maybe an open discussion is better at first and we could focus a more in depth conversation via a joint call and/or working/task group (I.e. the draft structural changes Meg sent along).

-Aaron

From: The NDSA Standards Working Group list <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Karen Cariani <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 10:14 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [NDSA-STANDARDS] Fixity Discussion

I'd be interested.

From: The NDSA Standards Working Group list <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of "Michelle A. Paolillo" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:44 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi,
I’d be interested to revisit this.
Best,
Michelle

From: The NDSA Standards Working Group list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Kirchhoff
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 3:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [NDSA-STANDARDS] Fixity Discussion

Hi all ~

A couple of us who regularly attend the NDSA standards meetings happened to participate in the NDSA infrastructure call last week.

One of the topics was about fixity and the fact that in the preservation world, we don’t seem to have produced any hard and fast recommendations on how frequently to check fixity and how to make it possible to do it at any frequency when archives get into the hundreds of TB.

Would the two working groups be interested in a joint call, perhaps, to discuss the topic?  Maybe just to review what we are doing and think about ways to move the conversation forward, should we decide we need to do so?

Just throwing this out into the wild here, to see what response we get. :)

~ Amy

--
Amy J. Kirchhoff
Archive Service Product Manager

Portico (www.portico.org<http://www.portico.org>) is a community-supported preservation service for electronic journals, books, and other scholarly content.  JSTOR (www.jstor.org<http://www.jstor.org>) is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources. JSTOR and Portico are services of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization that also includes Ithaka S+R.