That's a great question.  I think there are applications for linked data in
the archives realm, especially around the agents responsible for creating
archival collections.  The big project in this area is Social Networks and
Archival Context <http://socialarchive.iath.virginia.edu/>, and the
American Numismatic Society has been working on expressing their authorities
information as linked data <http://numismatics.org/authorities/>, which
provides some pretty cool functionality.  Those are the two projects that
come to mind immediately, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows of
others.

Matt

Matt Carruthers
Metadata Projects Librarian