Digital Libraries Software/ Web Apps Engineer
Texas Digital Library
Austin

Located on the University of Texas campus in sunny **Austin, Texas** - the
**Texas Digital Library** provides services and support at scale for
university libraries across Texas. Be a part of our team
and make the library internets go.

Link to Position: [https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs
/nlogon/160513019369](https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/16051301
9369)

**The Official Description: **Design and develop custom code, configure existing software packages, and assist in the integration of new and existing applications, all using best practices in software development and systems administration. Work with team members to conceptualize and prototype. Plan phases of the software development life cycle for a variety of projects. Communicate and coordinate with systems administrators, software engineers, and external vendors to assist in resolving problems with software products and enterprise systems in a timely manner. Provide operational and customer support related to software applications hosted by TDL. Assist in the research, preparation, and documentation of software requirements with end users specifications. Provide estimates on cost, time, and effort of development work. Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades with minimum disruption. Generate statistics, prepare, and write reports for project management on the status of the programming process. Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines. Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts. Keep up with trends and standards within the academic digital library environment.

**What You'll Be Doing: **Working with TDL's team and membership to develop and manage applications for both existing systems such as DSpace, Duracloud, Fedora, Hydra, Dataverse, etc... and our own apps like the Vireo ETD System. Be a part of national projects such as DPLA, DPN, the Vireo community and other large-scale efforts impacting both universities and the public. We support our 22-member-and-growing membership with an aggressive approach to problem solving, wearing many hats and staying flexible. Look forward to a rapidly evolving infrastructure within a creative environment.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26015/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/