Developer, Harvard Library Innovation Lab
Harvard University
Harvard University

The Harvard Library Innovaiton Lab is hiring an experienced Python/Django
developer to work on our Perma.cc project. Over the past three years, Perma
has grown explosively in the legal field, now serving over half of American
law schools and 20% of state Supreme Courts. Over the next two years, we'll
expand Perma support to all academic fields as well as commercial users.
You'll write the code to make that possible.

While your primary project will be Perma, we're a collaborative, experimental
lab, and we hope you'll bring us your side projects and be excited about ours.
This is a great spot for people who are enthusiastic about the web and the
future of libraries.

**Who we need**

We won't reject any applications out of hand -- enthusiasm for our mission is
the top priority. But here's what we're looking for:

  * Professional front-end and back-end web development experience with Django, Javascript, CSS, and HTML
  * Demonstrated ability to implement advanced or low-level features (the ability to contribute to our custom web capture and distributed storage processes, and to find and patch bugs in the libraries we depend on)
  * Demonstrated engagement with the open source community
  * Familiarity with relational databases and datastores such as MySQL and Redis
  * Familiarity with git-based web development workflows
  * Familiarity with basic Linux server administration
  * Experience with third-party integrations, such as payment processors and authentication servers
  * Experience with AWS deployments

**Lifestyle and Perks**

  * Work with a creative, multitalented team in a relaxed, academic environment
  * Full Harvard employee benefits, including free or cheap Harvard classes
  * Access to the Harvard community and events
  * Collaborate with web luminaries at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, with whom we share a faculty director
**Questions and Apply**

Email us at
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask])

Apply at[https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.a
spx?jobId=1215886&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail](https://sjobs.brassri

Full job ad description at[http://librarylab.law.harvard.ed
u/jobs](http://librarylab.law.harvard.edu/jobs)