To be clear, Hydra-in-a-box is in the planning stage at this point, and has not AFAIK, begun development. While planning to offer a much friendlier install than earlier incarnations of Hydra, is still a Fedora-based solution, and won’t come with a Fedora-expert-in-the-box. It will address metadata management issues, but exactly how that will happen is not yet defined.

The good news is that both Islandora, the tool I work with, and Hydra will be moving to Fedora 4, and that will make them both easier to use in many respects. In fact, they should become interoperable.

Thanks,

Cary