Hi Kelsey,

Good luck! I’m not sure I’m prepared to comment on the suitability of Drupal for your purposes, but as someone who was recently at a small, scrappy institution, we found that we were able to get affordable hosting for an Islandora instance from LYRASIS; if cost is the main issue, you might try looking into their service.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been discovering over the past few years (Ha! As though I’m the only person who ever figured this out) that even just handling the metadata for a repository is a lot more work, probably by an order of magnitude than I expected. So I guess I’d say, whatever you choose, be gentle with yourself?

I am super excited about the possibilities of Hydra-in-a-Box (although we’re an Islandora shop ourselves at present), but I haven’t kept up enough to know what the timeline for *ready* is, so that might be a consideration for you as well.

Like I said, good luck! Let us know what you end up with,
Megan