On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:29 AM, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Alas, the Code4Lib mailing list software will most likely need to be migrated before the end of summer, and I’m proposing a number possible options for the lists continued existence...

Our list — Code4Lib — will be migrating to the Digital Library Federation (DLF) sometime in the near future. [1]

As I believe I alluded to previously, the University of Notre Dame (where Code4lib is currently being hosted) is discontinuing support for the venerable LISTSERV software. The University is offering two options: 1) doing nothing and letting lists die, or 2) migrating them to Google Groups. Neither of the options appealed to me.

Through the process of making these issues public, Bethany Nowviskie and Wayne Graham — both of the DLF/CLIR — have graciously offered to host our mailing list. “Thank you, Wayne and Bethany!!” Sometime in the near future, I’m not exactly sure when, our mailing list's configurations will be copied from one host to another, and the address of our list will change to something like [log in to unmask] For better or for worse, the mailing list software will continue to be the venerable LISTSERV software.

‘More later, as news makes itself available. FYI.

[1] DLF - https://www.diglib.org

—
Eric Lease Morgan
Artist- And Librarian-At-Large