Following this thread closely to see what y'all use.

We evaluated our institution's IT support desk software and found the
interface pretty hostile to problem-submitters. Instead we've stuck with
our own in-house problem reporting system that has a much simpler user
interface. It meets many business needs but doesn't integrate with our
other systems (documentation, etc.) and our software development workflow.
So we have some things we could be doing much better.

--
Erin White
Web Systems Librarian, VCU Libraries