From: The NDSA organization list <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Ferrante, Riccardo <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [NDSA-ALL] Long-term Digital Preservation Plan

Make sure you get data that enables you to determine whether an institution is a true peer to your own. A "large" amount of digital holdings can mean anything from 3TB to 40 TB to half a petabyte or more depending on who you talk to. "Access" can mean things as different as a catalog record/finding aid or online delivery of holdings content. Format variety is another consideration factor.

These come out of my own experiences looking for peers with which to compare notes.

Best,
Ricc

Riccardo Ferrante  |  Director of Digital Services & IT Archivist
Smithsonian Institution Archives
PO Box 37012, MRC 507, Washington, DC  20013-7012

T  202.633.5906  |   E - [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   |  @raferrante<http://twitter.com/raferrante>
w siarchives.si.edu<http://siarchives.si.edu/>  |  @SmithsonianArch <http://twitter.com/SmithsonianArch>  |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/SmithsonianInstitutionArchives>  |  Blog<http://siarchives.si.edu/blog>

Explore the Archives' collections<http://siarchives.si.edu/collections> online.