There are a variety of options but I think it's fairly safe to say that it
would require some additional organization.  If another body took Code4Lib
under it's umbrella they would want organizational contacts and some
arrangements in place with whatever served as the governance of Code4Lib
(and I use the term governance here very loosely).  And at the other end of
the spectrum if Code4Lib did something like become a non-profit there are a
number of IRS requirements it would have to observe in terms of a board,
bylaws, etc....

Note, I'm sure there are other options, those are just the two that occur
to me off the top of my head from opposing ends of the "we have to be a
formal entity spectrum."

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Akerman, Laura <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Would "finding a permanent fiduciary agent" call for some degree of
> organizational formalization?  Wouldn't somebody or bodies have to "sign
> for" Code4Lib on this agreement with this agent, and wouldn't their role
> therefore have to be, to some degree, permanent?
>
> Sorry, but just wondering...
>
> Laura

Rogan R. Hamby, Data and Project Analyst
Equinox - Open Your Library
1-877-OPEN-ILS | www.esilibrary.com