Hi,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Coral Sheldon-Hess
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Does anyone else want to self-nominate, to join a group to investigate
> making Code4Lib fiscally sustainable? Does someone want to *organize* that
> group? (Put the group on some communications medium, make deadlines, keep
> people on task -- stuff like that.)

After consulting with Coral, I'm volunteering to act as cat-herder for
this group.  I've created a page on the wiki for it (and given it the
name "Fiscal Continuity Interest Group"):

http://wiki.code4lib.org/Fiscal_Continuity

The IG will use a Google group for most communications; anybody can
view, and anybody who desires to contribute to the discussion can
request an invite.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/c4l-financial-options

I should mention that not all research and discussions by the IG will
be completely open: some budgetary documents that we'll be looking
cannot be published in full or at all, and some discussions with
potential fiscal hosts will require discretion to avoid prematurely
committing to any decision.

As Coral suggested, the IG will act as a task group with a limited
duration: we'll research and make recommendations for the Code4Lib
community to consider. After that, the IG as it is currently
constituted will end, although some of its members may continue on to
help implement a scheme for fiscal continuity if there's the general
assent and will to do so.

Some steps the IG will be taking in the near future include:

- organizing itself and setting some deadlines
- sending out a survey to get more information about options and
community preferences
- enlisting the aid of experts as we do our work

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton