Would be interested to know this too — from my role and perspective in the 2016 conference, the fiscal organization’s responsibility is a big one, but the overhead of securing one every year is a lot more work, emotional and bureaucratic, than having an established one would be.  I would envision the relationship with the fiscal organization as being an ongoing one similar to the annual one we have with a different entity each year.  The actual work of the conference is likely to remain a lot of hard work on the part of the conference organizers year to year.

I recognize there may be concerns about the impact a relationship like this would have on the operations of Code4Lib outside of the conference, I’d be interested to hear them too.