++ Tom – I think the Code4LibConDocs efforts have been an attempt to remediate that somewhat. However, from my perspective, it really makes clear how difficult this process is, and how much we’re all asking of the really small number of our colleagues who volunteer (!) to take on this task every year.

I hesitate to say this, because I know this has been a huge bone of contention for the community, and I know a lot of us have really strong feelings about it – but for a bunch of coders/code-literate people, isn’t the existing process really deeply inefficient? We’re effectively violating DRY left, right, and center.

Just my two cents, and I have never been on the organizing committee (so maybe less than two?), and I’m glad we’re having this conversation whatever the outcome.

Megan